Thursday, April 3, 2008

10 years ago today...

I went on a date with a very lovely lady, where I was very nervous and hardly spoke (hard to believe) while my date proceeded to tell me about her time in the slammer (okay she was in city holding for not paying a speeding ticket). Luckily, we had subsequent dates and discovered that we were perfectly matched (scarily so). I still don't know what I would have done had it not worked out. t has told me more than once that I sucked to be around during the period of time when it was still up in the air.

Anyway, it's been the most incredible 10 years I could have ever imagined. I love you j, and I'm glad that we have had many friends through the years enjoy this experience with us.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

10 years - congratulations! You're an inspiration, best of luck with the next ten!

Mark Baker said...

10 years is a long time-- and I think it's awesome! Although I knew each of you separately before you got together, I frankly have a hard time *not* picturing the two of more-or-less joined at the hip.

The picture in front of Riverfront is awesome, BTW. I love pics that are taken in front of things that no longer exist (I guess it could also have been Three Rivers, but the same thing applies).

Congrats on the 10 years!

Unknown said...

Awww...you guys are perfect together. :) Congrats on 10 years. Oh, and the old pictures are great.

ralfyves said...

If it is the picture of j with short hair, then it is actually (old) Busch Stadium. We saw Cards-Cubs during the HR race with McGwire and Sosa. They both hit homers (46 and 44, respectively, I believe), j mentions more about it here (http://much-ado-about-noting.blogspot.com/2008/01/great-moments-in-sports-that-i-have.html)

housemdjr said...

Lots of pictures I've never seen before! very nice of you to do this, Darren.

Anonymous said...

You guys have spent 1/3 of your lives together. You have done many wonderful things and will do many more. Keep having fun and loving each other in your mutually unique ways.

Darren you make the rest of us married guys look bad when you keep doing stuff like this homage and by giving glass slippers to get first dates. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Your friends, JP and Shanna

orthogirl said...

and all I got Darren was a stupid receiver, sheesh! I love you too, sweetie!

MelanieMosesDeBusk said...

Congratulations and glad to see you all doing well. I can't believe you all have so many pictures with both of you in them. Here's to 10 more years!

Luis the machine said...

Man you're old. But just wait until you've been married as long as I have.....tomorrow.

Congrats and good luck on the next 10.

nuzeguy said...

Over these 10 years, I've come to like Jennifer more and Darren less. Good choice Ralph! Didn't know there was another woman who could stand you for this long.

Listen to me, I'm getting all mushy.